ALL CONCERTS ARE MANDATORY, GRADED AND AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE PERFORMING ARTS PROGRAM.
Concerts this year will be on the following evenings:
At Carmen Arace - Monday, December 8, 2014
At Carmen Arace - Monday, May 4, 2015
The concert begins at 7pm. Students are expected to arrive by 6:15pm in order to prepare.
Please be dressed in concert dress for the concert! (If your child does not have a 100% perfect uniform please send them in any way! I would much rather each student attend then look perfect!)
Concert Dress is graded:
- White tuxedo shirt purchased from Ms. Crimi ($15)
- Full length black dress pants (uniform pants that are black are perfect!)
- Black socks, and black dress shoes/church shoes.
- Boys are permitted to wear any dress shoe of a dark color. Ladies, please wear black flats.
PLEASE DO NOT WEAR:
- JEANS, LEGGINGS or SWEATPANTS
- SKINNY PANTS or any very tight pants
- SKIRTS (skirts are permitted for religious reasons and must be ankle length)
- BOOTS OF ANY KIND or SNEAKERS
- HIGH HEELS, Wedges or any shoe that dramatically changes your height
- FUZZY SHOES (anything that at first glance looks like a slipper)
Concerts are graded and mandatory! You must complete an assignment to make up a missed concert performance!
If you are unable to get to the concert please contact Ms. Crimi as soon as possible to work out a transportation solution!
I understand that as a member of the chorus team I am expected to:
- Be reliable.
- Be responsible.
- Be appropriate.
- Be awesome!
During class I am expected to:
- Remain in my seat during rehearsal time.
- Raise my hand and wait to be acknowledged by the teacher if I have a question.
- ONLY use the restrooms Ms. Crimi tells me to use.
- Keep any and all negative comments about the music and the class to myself.
- Speak privately with Ms. Crimi if I have a concern about my grade.
- Stay focused and on task.
- Sing with the best use of tone and the best pitch I can.
- Ask for help in an appropriate and respectful way.
- Listen to directions and follow them as best I can.
- Wait to use the water fountain if someone is already using it.
- Know all my music and have my uniform prepared for all performances.
- Behave in a professional manner at all times during a performance.
Every year the Chorus participates in a Fantastic Festivals Music Festival. We usually participate sometime in the end of May or begining of June. This well-established festival serves as a valuable assessment for the students as well as the conductor. This is first and foremost an educational experience. We have done quite well in years past and are excited about this year’s festival.
The student fee of $60 facilitates a full day experience including:
• A workshop run by an expert music educator in our school prior to the festival
• A performance adjudicated (judged) by two expert music educators at a local school with a second workshop to follow
• Admission to “Lake Compounce” amusement park
• Bus transportation from Carmen Arace to performance site and park
• Chorus t-shirt
This is a full day event. We load the busses in the AM and go to a local school to perform for the judges. Once the students have completed their performance we reload the buses, go to Lake Compounce and enjoy the theme park. We will leave Lake Compounce at 5pm when the park closes for the day and return to Carmen Arace.