|You may find the following links of interest: |
· Google the most popular search site on the Web
· America's Promise: A website that will link you to many social action opportunities in your area.
· Arthur, The Most Amazing Aardvark: A site with a large teacher's corner of activities and ideas based on the PBS series.
· Award Maker: This site offers great award certificates teachers can make for students, including some unusual ones.
· BAM! Body and Mind: An interactive site from the Centers for Disease Control for teachers and students (aged 8 - 12) on bullying, peer pressure and conflict resolution.
· Brain Connection: This site is dedicated to providing accessible, high quality information about how the brain works and how people learn.
· Can Do!: The Can Do website offers stories, activities and resources to help create a better understanding and deeper appreciation of how people can overcome their challenges and reach their dreams by using their abilities and a "can-do" attitude.
· Can Do! Kids Pages: Activities, puzzles and posters for kids of differing abilities.
· Connect for Kids: This site offers "Guidance for Grownups" on hot teen topics. This bi-weekly news letter features up-to-date information by state, and from across the nation.
· Education World: Thematic "tie-ins", weekly curriculum articles, articles for administrators and teachers.
· Family Night Lessons: A month by month idea site offering topics for discussion among families, adults and children.
· First Cov for Kids: A terrific "Kid Friendly" web site portal for students, created by the Federal Citizens Information Center.
· Game Show Power Point Presentations: These PowerPoint templates will allow teachers to create great lessons using a Jeopardy, Who wants to be a Millionaire and other game show formats.
· Good Touch - Bad Touch: Child Abuse Prevention Skills site.
· Graphic Organizers: This is the place to find graphic organizers to facilitate group lessons in brainstorming a topic.
· Healthfinder for Kids: A place where kids can find information about protecting their bodies and minds. Games, activities and a parent section.
· Homeworkopoly: A free game, bulletin board to download.
· Inclusive Schools: A terrific resource kit and booklist from the National Institute for Urban School Improvement.
· You've Got to be Kidding A game for kids and adults that helps solve real life problems by choosing the best advice.